🦋 ·.·´REVIEW`·.·ðŸ¦‹
Title: The Right Move
Series: Windy City #2
Author: Liz Tomforde
REVIEW:
4.5 Stars
This is the second book in the series. Stevie's twin brother Ryan and her BFF Indy are getting their story. I love a good roommates to lovers romance. I haven't read many basketball romances, but I really enjoyed this one. Some of the terminology for the sport went over my head, but it did not take me away from the story. I loved how Indy is so opposite of Ryan. She's such a social butterfly and he rather stay home for a good reason. My heart goes out to Indy her ex is a real piece of work that karma needs to make a swift visit to. One of the many things that made Ryan such a green flag is he let's Indy be her energic self who also takes care of her. Ryan had me swooning left and right. Even though he was skeptical of her being his roommate and in his space life threw him a curve ball that leads to the best thing to ever happen to him. I love the close friendship between Indy and Rio. It's good to see her have more authentic people in her corner. I loved seeing Stevie and Zander living in their HEA. This was a hard book to put down. The characters kept calling to me to finish this one. I love that Indy is so crafty. I would so do a craft night with her in a heartbeat. Ryan completely stole my heart with him learning ASL. The scene with the little girl at one of the games, my heart was in a complete ooey gooey puddle. The reason why he learns it also will melt your heart. Oh my gosh the epilogue. It's so perfect and I love it for Indy and Ryan. Ryan comes a long way in this book and to see him shine so bright made my heart so happy. I can't wait to dive into the next book. We got to know Kai a little bit and I'm a sucker for a single dad.
BLURB:
Captain of Chicago’s NBA team, Ryan Shay’s quiet, controlled life gets turned upside down when his twin sister’s best friend becomes his new roommate and fake girlfriend. From New York Times, Sunday Times, and #1 Amazon bestselling author Liz Tomforde comes an opposites-attract, fake dating, basketball romance. This interconnected standalone is book two in the Windy City Series, currently being adapted for television by Amazon Studios.
RYAN
I’m the newest Captain of the Devils, Chicago’s NBA team, and the last thing I needed this year was for Indy Ivers, my sister’s best friend, to move into my apartment. She’s messy, emotional, and way too tempting.
But when the team’s General Manager vocalizes his blatant disapproval of my promotion to Captain, referring to me as an unapproachable lone wolf with no work-life balance, I can’t think of a better way to convince him otherwise than pretending to date my outgoing roommate.
The only problem? Faking it feels far too natural.
Having a fake girlfriend wasn’t supposed to be messy but having Indy under my roof and in my bed is complicated, especially when she wants all the romantic parts of life that I could never give her.
INDY
I never imagined I’d be living with my best friend’s brother, NBA superstar Ryan Shay. Even more unbelievable? He needs me to act as his loving girlfriend who’s suddenly changed him into a friendly and approachable guy.
Because, well…he’s not. He’s controlling of his space and untrusting of others.
Our arrangement isn’t one-sided, though. I’m in a wedding coming up, one where every one of my childhood friends, including my ex-boyfriend, will be in attendance, and there’s no better date than my ex’s celebrity hero.
Blurred lines make it almost impossible to separate real from fake. Falling for my roommate was never part of the deal, especially when Ryan is quick to remind me that he doesn’t believe in love.
I’m a romantic and can’t help fantasizing that he’ll change, but soon enough, I find myself questioning if sharing a roof with my best friend’s brother was the right move after all
BUY LINKS:
Available in KU

No comments:
Post a Comment