About CONQUERING
Get your hands on CONQUERING:
Excerpt:
“I’d wait until she’s coherent enough and have her contact the school or teachers to let them know there has been a family emergency and she had to come home. They don’t need to know anything else. Most colleges will accept this and either have her make up the work or do it online.” He chuckled. “In my day, we didn’t have ‘online.’ Now you can buy anything and do anything on the internet. It’s crazy.”
Maybe if I weren’t so upset about seeing my sister like this, I would have found it funny, too. Unfortunately, I didn’t see the humor; I only saw her pain. I wished I could take it away and put it on me, instead.
Needles shook a bottle, and my eyes went to it.
“Pain pills.” He gave me instructions on how and what to do for her then told me he would be back in the morning to check on her.
I liked him but wished I knew him better. He was nice and had taken good care of my sister, so that put him in the winning category for me.
Once he left, I gripped Jennifer’s hand and let the tears flow. I let each one cascade down my cheek and splash to the floor. Then the tears turned into sobs. I couldn’t stop them. I let myself feel the pain for my sister, every single moment of it. I allowed my strength to slowly dissipate, letting the grief take over.
Being so lost in thought, I didn’t hear the door open and shut. As a result, I screamed when a large hand gripped my shoulder, only to look up into ocean blue eyes. Stiff.
I didn’t know what I was doing and didn’t care. I rose up and fell into his arms, soaking his shirt with my continued tears. He wrapped his arms tightly around my body, cocooning me. I had never felt safer in my life.
Maybe if I weren’t so upset about seeing my sister like this, I would have found it funny, too. Unfortunately, I didn’t see the humor; I only saw her pain. I wished I could take it away and put it on me, instead.
Needles shook a bottle, and my eyes went to it.
“Pain pills.” He gave me instructions on how and what to do for her then told me he would be back in the morning to check on her.
I liked him but wished I knew him better. He was nice and had taken good care of my sister, so that put him in the winning category for me.
Once he left, I gripped Jennifer’s hand and let the tears flow. I let each one cascade down my cheek and splash to the floor. Then the tears turned into sobs. I couldn’t stop them. I let myself feel the pain for my sister, every single moment of it. I allowed my strength to slowly dissipate, letting the grief take over.
Being so lost in thought, I didn’t hear the door open and shut. As a result, I screamed when a large hand gripped my shoulder, only to look up into ocean blue eyes. Stiff.
I didn’t know what I was doing and didn’t care. I rose up and fell into his arms, soaking his shirt with my continued tears. He wrapped his arms tightly around my body, cocooning me. I had never felt safer in my life.
Want to win?
Swing by Ryan Michele's facebook page for a giveaway of a $25 Amazon gift card! And make sure you're a member of Ryan's Sultry Sinners on Facebook for more giveaways and exclusives!



No comments:
Post a Comment