Sunday, October 4, 2026

*`Review: The Play by Elle Kennedy`*

🦋 ·.·´REVIEW`·.·🦋

Title: The Play
Series: Briar U #3
Author: Elle Kennedy

REVIEW:
4 stars 
This is Hunter's book. I've been waiting for it, but also a little leery based off his behavior in the first two books in the series. I can say Hunter redeemed himself. This is now my favorite book in the series. I really liked Demi and Hunter together. I liked it started out as a friendship because she was in a relationship. Oh boy I could tell where this book was going for Demi. Still hated to see it because a kind soul like hers shouldn't have that happen. One of my favorite parts is the banter between Hunter and Demi. It's just so good. The hilarity with Pablo was another favorite part. I love how Hunter's roommates are the girls. A lot of fun moments there too.  I really got into this book and it was so hard to put down. 

BLURB:
What I learned after last year’s distractions cost my hockey team our entire season? No more screwing up. No more screwing, period. As the new team captain, I need a new philosophy: hockey and school now, women later. Which means that I, Hunter Davenport, am officially going celibate…no matter how hard that makes things.

But there’s nothing in the rulebook that says I can’t be friends with a woman. And I won’t lie—my new classmate Demi Davis is one cool chick. Her smart mouth is hot as hell, and so is the rest of her, but the fact that she’s got a boyfriend eliminates the temptation to touch her.

Except three months into our friendship, Demi is single and looking for a rebound.

And she’s making a play for me.

Avoiding her is impossible. We’re paired up on a yearlong school project, but I’m confident I can resist her. We’d never work, anyway. Our backgrounds are too different, our goals aren’t aligned, and her parents hate my guts.

Hooking up is a very bad idea. Now I just have to convince my body—and my heart.

BUY LINKS:

No comments:

Post a Comment