Friday, September 25, 2026

*`New Release & Review: Fake it 'Til Fall by Claudia Burgoa`*

🦋 ·.·´REVIEW`·.·🦋

Title: Fake it 'Til Fall
Series: Faking the Holidays #2
Author: Claudia Burgoa 

Why you will love this...
Fake dating
A grumpy retired hockey player
Bookstore café meet-cute energy
Cozy fall vineyard chaos
One very dramatic dog
He falls first, but acts like it’s a scheduling problem
No third-act breakup

REVIEW:
4.5 Stars
What a delightful read! This book was so much fun. The banter between Daisy and Forrest was one of my favorite parts of the book. Their back and forth I just devoured it. Then you add in the big adorable dog Puck, I was a goner on this book. The whole fake dating for these two was awesome because you knew it was going to stay fake for long. Man did I feel for Daisy because I know how she feels when people expect you just to do everything. The wear and tear on your soul I felt to my bones. One of Forrest's finest moments for me is he sees that when it comes to Daisy and wants to lessen that burden for her. Right there he had me sold no matter what. I just loved Daisy's thought process. She had me laughing so much as she worked out different scenarios in this book. I did not appreciate all the pumpkin spice shade being thrown though. I'm a proud pumpkin spice girlie. This book was just a joy to read! It gives all the cozy fall vibes. 

BLURB:
There are things nobody tells you about starting over in Boston after your fiancé cheats on you.

Rent will make you consider marrying for closet space. Cobblestones are ankle traps with historical significance. And if you move here to prove you're fine, proper meals and eight hours of sleep are luxuries.

I'm handling it. Mostly.

What I am not handling is Forrest Wolfcraft.

Our families have been feuding since before we were born. Forrest—retired hockey player, professionally grumpy, conversational range of a locked door—sits in the café I work in four days a week with Puck, his ridiculously adorable rescue dog, and refuses to be as awful as he's supposed to be.

Then my mother calls. My ex is marrying the woman he cheated on me with. At my family's vineyard. And Mom wants me to help with their wedding because the vineyard needs the business.

Unfortunately, I need the money.

It's fine. I can help from Boston and stay safely away from the happy couple. Until everything goes wrong and I have to go home and work the wedding in person.

There is no way I'm walking back into town broke, single, and alone while my ex marries his affair partner. I need a boyfriend. A fake one.

So I ask Forrest, and somehow, he says yes.

Unfortunately, Forrest is terrible at being fake because he keeps doing all the things a real boyfriend should.

Somewhere between convincing everyone we're together and trying to keep my walls firmly in place, I'm starting to forget we're pretending.

From USA Today Bestselling Author Claudia Burgoa comes a cozy, fall-filled small-town romance with a fake relationship, grumpy-sunshine chemistry, forced proximity, and a hero who falls first.

BUY LINK:
Available in KU


No comments:

Post a Comment