Title: Smitty
Series: Satan's Fury MC - Little Rock
Author: L. Wilder
Genre: MC Romance
Tropes: Second Chance; Secret Baby; First Love; Brotherhood; Crime
Release Date: August 18, 2026
Cover Designer: Mayhem Cover Creations
Cover Model: Dom
Photographer: Wander Aguiar Photography


No roof. No patch. No name that meant anything to anyone.
I was just a man clawing his way out of the dark.
She didn’t see a lost cause.
She saw me. Loved me.
But I had wounds even she couldn’t heal.
So, I pushed her away.
Two years had come and gone.
I was no longer the broken guy with nothing.
I’d faced my fears and earned my patch.
I had everything I wanted. Except her.
I’d fought for a place I could call home.
Now, I would fight for her.
No matter what the cost.
Some people only get one chance at love.
I’m praying for a second.

I’d lived on the streets. I’d gone days without food or a place to stay and thought I might starve or freeze to death. I’d been in shootouts where I felt actual bullets whip past my damn head, been in brawls with guys two times my size, and even got beaten so badly I almost died.
Those times were all pretty intense, scary even, but the fear I felt then didn’t come close to what I was feeling as I stood on Brooke’s doorstep. I’d been standing there for God knows how long, trying to work up the nerve to knock. It was downright pathetic.
I looked down into the gift bag at the small white stuffed seal I’d bought for Anslee and the sandwiches I’d brought for Brooke, and while they'd seemed like a good idea earlier, now they seemed ridiculous. But it was too late. I was here, and I was doing this.
With sweaty palms, I knocked and immediately heard a commotion inside. This was it. I was about to meet my daughter. I inhaled a deep breath, and before I could second-guess things any further, the door swung open.
Those times were all pretty intense, scary even, but the fear I felt then didn’t come close to what I was feeling as I stood on Brooke’s doorstep. I’d been standing there for God knows how long, trying to work up the nerve to knock. It was downright pathetic.
I looked down into the gift bag at the small white stuffed seal I’d bought for Anslee and the sandwiches I’d brought for Brooke, and while they'd seemed like a good idea earlier, now they seemed ridiculous. But it was too late. I was here, and I was doing this.
With sweaty palms, I knocked and immediately heard a commotion inside. This was it. I was about to meet my daughter. I inhaled a deep breath, and before I could second-guess things any further, the door swung open.

Wall Street Journal and USA Today Best Seller, L. Wilder, writes about hot, alpha men and the women who love them. She currently has six series available for readers: The Devil Chaser's MC, Satan's Fury MC, Satan's Fury MC-Memphis, the Redemption Series, the Happy Endings Collection, and the Ruthless Sinners MC. If you're looking for a book that will keep you on the edge of your seat and have you smiling like a school girl at the end, L. Wilder is the author for you.

























No comments:
Post a Comment