Sunday, October 13, 2024

*`Review: Reclaimed by by A.M. Wilson`*

Title: Reclaimed
Series: Powell Sanctuary #5
Author: A.M. Wilson
Release Date: October 11, 2024


REVIEW:
4.5 Stars
This is the fifth and final book in the Powell Sanctuary series. I'm glad we get Aiden's book because after what happened in the last book that man deserves a HEA. To say it's unconventional how it all comes together for Aiden and Isla is an understatement, but it is like two puzzle pieces fitting together. They both need one another to heal.  Isla and Aiden are so freaking adorable together especially after Isla's secret is revealed. That's when you truly see Aiden in prime book boyfriend mode. The way he steps up for Isla and protects her, but the  thing I loved most was Aiden never forced Isla to quit her job. His respect for her was one of his best qualities. Plus I mean that man is a cat dad so major brownie points for me on that.  There was a suspenseful element that kept me on the edge of my seat with the serial killer on the loose. It's going to test Aiden's strength big time while he is still healing from the last incident. Such a beautiful story. We get to catch up on all the Powells. To my utter delight a spin off series is coming with those delicious Stone brothers. After the tease at the end of this I can't wait!! This was a perfect way to close out this series. 

BLURB:
After three years of dancing at the best club in Minneapolis, I’m forced to return to my hometown. Pregnant. Single. And my only skill is twirling around a pole.

I return to my old job, dancing with one goal in mind. To save enough money to provide for my child. But night after night, he becomes impossible to ignore.

Aiden Powell watches me from his front and center seat, his sharp blue eyes flickering in the strobe lights as he stalks my every move across the stage. The haunted look in his unwavering gaze isn’t the carefree man I remember.

I fight to defy the magnetic pull to dance only for him. Until one night, I let my guard down and chemistry sparks beneath his hands. Aiden pursues me with passion, while I build a fortified fence to protect myself. I’ve been burned before, and I’m not eager to feel the pain again.

But when a serial stalker begins targeting dancers, Aiden decides I’m not safe on my own. He shows up on my doorstep with a packed bag and his battle-worn cat, determined to make his presence known.

This relationship is supposed to be fake. A ruse to keep me away from the interest of a deranged man. Too bad my heart fails to receive the message as Aiden begins to show me the real him.

People in little clothing hardly catch my eye, but there’s something about Aiden in a towel that softens my defenses. And when he admits I’m the first woman he’s ever been with? He spells out exactly what he wants with no room for error—Me.

But I should know better than to let my walls crumble. Because when that stalker sets his sights on me, Aiden’s determination won’t be enough to keep me and my baby away from harm.

BUY LINKS:
Amazon
Bookbub
Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment