Saturday, October 5, 2024

*`Review: Falling for Finn by Brooke Fox`*

Title: Falling for Finn
Series: Maplewood Falls #1
Author: Brooke Fox
Release Date: October 2, 2024



REVIEW:
4.5 Stars
I really enjoyed this one. It was fast read for me, but it packed a punch. This one has a few tropes going on that I love; age gap, fake relationship, and grumpy sunshine. Boy does Finn fit the grumpy role. I was not a big fan of his in the beginning. Then watching him fight a losing battle when it comes to his attraction to Oakley changed my opinion of him. The more we got to know him the more I understood the reason behind his surly attitude. Finn had no chance against Oakley's sunny disposition. She brings out a new side to him. Finn's ex is a real piece of work! I really loved the setting of Vermont especially during fall. I could picture the beautiful colors of the season. Plus the apple orchard along with the fall activities it made me want to go visit so bad. I loved Finn's family and the history of the orchard. Then this book had me with scenes during Christmas time. Loved it and it me want to visit Levi's tree farm. I'm really looking forward to Levi's book after the teaser we got. A great fall read that I highly recommend!

BLURB:
Falling for Finn isn’t part of my plan.
He’s older, moody, and complains about everything I do.

His family flies me three thousand miles out to their orchard farm in Vermont to do a painting for their centennial celebration. It’s an opportunity of a lifetime to do a piece for the Bennetts, but I don’t expect my clients’ grandson to rope me into a fake dating scheme.

When his ex-girlfriend shows up expecting to sleep in the cottage I’m currently in, I volunteer to stay with Finn to keep up appearances that we’re together.

Except there’s only one bed, and I refuse to sleep on his small couch.

As my reluctant tour guide, he’s forced to show me around while pretending we’re in love. Painting is my life and this job will bring me even more in the future, so I suck it up and deal with Mr. Grumpy.

And since he’s hell-bent on being insufferable, I won’t make this easy on him either.
But then he goes and falls for me, too.


Falling for Finn was previously published as “The Fall of Us” by Kennedy Fox. It’s been re-edited and includes bonus content.

BUY LINKS:
Amazon
Goodreads
Bookbub

No comments:

Post a Comment