Monday, July 22, 2024

*`Review: The Body in the Backyard by Lucy Score`*

 Title: The Body in the Backyard
Series: Riley Thorn #4
Author: Lucy Score
Release Date: July 16, 2024


REVIEW:
5 Stars
The next installment in the Riley Thorn series is here! I couldn't wait to dive into this one. This book had me up late devouring the pages. Riley and Nick had me hooked again along with the colorful cast of characters. Our favorite senior citizens are up to their typical hilarious ways. Add in Riley has to help keep her narcist ex husband alive let the fun begin. That man sure does a lot of enemies. I laughed from start to finish. The testosterone filled battle between Nick and Weber and the favorite contest between Nick and Gabe were great material. One of my favorite scenes is the one when Riley and Nick babysit their nieces. Loved it to pieces! I can't tell you how much I laughed while reading this one. Plus you have the who done it mystery of who wants to murder Griffin. This book is so good! I can't recommend it enough. I really hope their is more to come for this gang. I just love them so much. I know I'm in for some really great entertainment with comedy and murder mystery. 

BLURB:
Her self-absorbed news anchor ex-husband careening back into her life was not on this amateur psychic detective’s bingo card.Not only does Griffin Gentry show up unexpectedly at Riley Thorn’s door—the real shock is that he’s begging her for help. Riley’s hot private investigator boyfriend Nick Santiago refusing to take the job is…well, less of a surprise.Too bad for Nick that his octogenarian business partner overrules him and takes the lead on Griffin’s case. But when a dead body makes it clear someone really is out to get Riley’s ex, the mile-long suspect list means all hands on deck at Santiago Investigations. Even the wrinkly, retired ones.It’s only a matter of time before Griffin brings the danger directly to their doorstep. And with Riley and Nick busy interviewing suspects, that leaves their elderly roommates to wreak havoc in the surveillance department. Can Riley block out the chaos to focus her psychic visions long enough to narrow down the list of suspects? Or will Griffin Gentry’s bad karma be the downfall of them all?

BUY LINKS:
Amazon
Goodreads
Bookbub


No comments:

Post a Comment