Monday, July 15, 2024

*`New Release & Review: Just My Luck by Lena Hendrix`*

Title: Just My Luck
Series:  King Family #2
Author: Lena Hendrix
Release Date: July 15, 2024


REVIEW:
4.5 Stars
The second book in the Kings series and I couldn't wait to dive into this one. With everything that has been happening to Sloane she deserves all the happiness. I loved the banter between Abel and Sloane. They are grumpy/sunshine. I loved how she likes to poke the bear to get a ride out of him and to bring a smile to his face. Abel hasn't has it easy and with his past it's like a black could following him. Though Sloane is like the sunshine coming out of the clouds. This marriage of convenience is so good because there is no way it can stay fake. The chemistry and connection is too strong to deny. Abel is going to have you swooning. I totally get why Sloane was all over him saying my wife. Then add in how he is with Ben and Tillie. Ovaries are going to explode. That man may think he brings nothing to the table, but he brings the most important things. He makes this little family feel safe when they feel anything but. I loved seeing the Sullivans and the Kings mending more fences. There is also some intense serious moments. We get a little more info on the patriarch of this family. The more I read about him the more I'm not a fan. Man there were times this book hit me with all the feels that tears started to fall. You can feel the love just pouring off the pages. I'm already excited for more from the Kings. The next brother sounds like it's going to be a fun ride. 


BLURB:
You might think it’s reckless for a single mom to enter into a marriage of convenience with her boss...

You would be correct.

To make matters worse, Abel King is a grumpy local brewer with a criminal past. He also happens to be my boss and a total stick-in-the-mud. Every time I come to work with a smile and wave, I’m lucky if I can get a grunt in response.

When I accidentally-on-purpose overhear that he’s having trouble securing a business loan due to his criminal record, I hatch a plan to help the both of us.

The arrangement is perfect—a business transaction and nothing more. Like having a roommate without the hassle of other people bugging you for dates.

I will definitely not be falling in love with him—no matter how many times he says “my wife” and tingles dance in all the right places.

Trouble is, as time goes on, things stop feeling like business and start feeling a whole lot like pleasure... and really, that’s just my luck...

BUY LINKS:
Amazon
Bookbub
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment