Friday, October 15, 2021

*~Book Tour: Gunner~*

Title: Gunner
Series: Death Hounds MC Book One
Author: H.J. Marshall
Genre: Dark MC Romance/Suspense
Release Date: September 30, 2021






I joined the military to escape my hellish nightmare of a life in the Flats of Portstill, needing more than the dismal surrounding I grew up in. I served my country with pride and honor, but an accident ended my enlistment, forcing me back home, unsure of what my future would be. After a chance meeting with the Death Hounds MC, I found a place that gave me the brotherhood I craved and an outlet for my anger.

When I met Sadie, I saw someone who was hiding from the pain that threatened to tear her apart as she struggled to raise her younger brothers alone. One night, a run-in with a random stranger forced her to run to the MC for protection, and when I saw her, I knew she was meant to be mine. Her painful past and my difficult upbringing created cracks that nearly destroyed us, but we both fought our demons and found our way back to each other. Can our broken souls heal each other, or will the pain keep us on solitary paths?

Now, buried secrets from the past have risen from the ashes, not only affecting Sadie but threatening to tear the Death Hounds apart from the inside out. When the Death Hounds say you’re family, you’re family for life, but what happens when it’s family that betrays you?

And when death comes knocking, who do you want on your side?




I sat on the couch and pulled her onto my lap as she walked past. She giggled, and I needed to kiss her, to know she was real. To know we were real. She slid her arms over my chest, linking her hands behind my neck as she shifted to straddle my thighs. My cock was thick and begging to be set free, to find its home within her, but I settled for a deep kiss, her tongue caressing mine as she showed me her affection.

My hands wandered under her shirt slowly and I stroked her back, feeling the raised scars on her skin. I wanted to ask her about them, but then the fear I saw in her eyes last night told me that was a conversation best left for later.

She broke the kiss and smiled with her hand over her swollen lips as she stared into my eyes. Knowing this couldn’t go any farther today, I stood from the couch and placed her on her feet in front of me. She bit her lip, and I winked before we went into each of the bedrooms as I helped her pack a small bag for both. The ride back to the clubhouse, her hand was linked with mine, and thoughts of our future swam through my head.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t stop imagining what caused her pain and fear. I needed to find out what happened to her, but I was afraid she wouldn’t tell me, either out of fear or misplaced guilt or shame. Returning to the clubhouse, I cornered Smokey after getting Sadie settled into my room, hoping he would tell me what or whom I needed to kill.

“You need to ask her. I don’t know all the details, but I can tell you, about eight or so years ago, something dimmed the light in her eyes. She’s happier than I’ve ever seen her.” He stepped closer to me and his voice took on a menacing tone. “That girl gave up her life to take care of those boys, and if you do anything to hurt her, I’ll cut you into pieces and no one will ever know. Do I make myself clear?”

“You told me once that when you met Piper, you instantly knew she was the one.” He nodded, so I continued. “I felt that last night and I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but I do know I’d rather hurt myself than to hurt her or that little boy.”

He looked at me, his wrinkled eyes looking deep into mine before he replied, “Just be patient with her,” he replied cryptically, and I watched him walk away.

What did she experience that caused such a sudden change in her?

Deciding to give her time to tell me, I walked to our cabin to find her stretched out on the bed. Bear was wrapped around her leg, and Jacob was doing his homework on the kitchen table. Vowing then and there to slay her demons and give her peace, I picked up a book and joined her on the bed.

My eyes glanced at her as she read, a genuine smile on her face.

Whoever hurt her would pay.

Whoever damaged her would die.

Whoever stood in my way would be destroyed.

For Sadie, it was worth it.




H.J. Marshall began her love of reading and writing at an early age and has always dreamed of being a writer full-time. A nomadic youth exposed her to different perspectives of life, community, and culture, resulting in a lifelong love of food, music, and history. When she is not writing, she enjoys the music of all generations and genres, writing full-time, and living in her quiet cabin in the woods. Currently landlocked, H.J. dreams of her beach house, salty air, and a life filled with laughter.



HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment