Saturday, September 19, 2026

*`Review: The Chase by Elle Kennedy`*

🌟·.·´RELEASE BLITZ`·.·🌟

Title: The Chase
Series: Briar U #1
Author: Elle Kennedy

REVIEW:
4 stars
This is the first book in the Briar U series. I was delighted some of our faves from Off Campus pop in. I was super excited this was Summer's story because you know Dean has to make an appearance. I did enjoy this one. Fitz and Summer may be opposites, but you know what they say about opposites attract. I wasn't too thrilled with the little love triangle going on. That is just not my jam in romance so it's a personal preference. There were so many funny moments that had me laughing. I still think Summer and Dean's parents are awesome. You can tell Summer is a daddy's girl. I loved how Fitz saw Summer more than her looks and money. The way he supports her and believes in her brains was so amazing. They way he made Summer feel about herself was beautiful. And that right there is prime book boyfriend material. Summer also brings out a different side in Fitz, but also shows him it's okay to bring that side out. His parents are a real piece of work. I hate when parents put the kids in the middle of them. This book shows some of the struggles women face in society, but especially in a college setting. It was done tastefully and the options someone would have to seek help. Overall I enjoyed it. 

BLURB:
A sexy standalone novel from New York Times and international bestselling author Elle Kennedy

Everyone says opposites attract. And they must be right, because there’s no logical reason why I’m so drawn to Colin Fitzgerald. I don’t usually go for tattoo-covered, video-gaming, hockey-playing nerd-jocks who think I’m flighty and superficial. His narrow view of me is the first strike against him. It doesn’t help that he’s buddy-buddy with my brother.

And that his best friend has a crush on me.

And that I just moved in with them.

Oh, did I not mention we’re roommates?

I suppose it doesn’t matter. Fitzy has made it clear he’s not interested in me, even though the sparks between us are liable to burn our house down. I’m not the kind of girl who chases after a man, though, and I’m not about to start. I’ve got my hands full dealing with a new school, a sleazy professor, and an uncertain future. So if my sexy brooding roomie wises up and realizes what he’s missing?

He knows where to find me.

BUY LINKS:


No comments:

Post a Comment