Thursday, July 12, 2018

*~Great Summer Reads Countdown Blitz: Day 4~*




I’m a retired high school English teacher. A devourer of books growing up, my profession introduced me to writings and authors from times long past. 

Through my studies and teaching, I fell in love with the Ancient and Medieval Worlds. 

Now, I hope to inspire young readers and those Young-at-Heart to read more through my Tales and Legends for Reluctant Readers set in these worlds.





 If they fail...

She could die over 3300 years from home!



Tackle the elements & evil of Ancient Egypt...
A history-changing battle & Time Travel Thriller...


Fifteen-year-old Rosa doesn't see dead people...
She hears them & talks to them.

When she agrees to help King Tut's ghost find his lost queen & clear his family's name, she doesn't count on falling for him.

She & Tut must also outwit an evil pharaoh determined to stop them...
Even if it means one of them must die.

Get it today and see who triumphs.


2015 IAN Book of the Year Finalist YA
2015 CAL Book Award Finalist YA Fiction
2014 Literary Classics Seal of Approval
2015 Readers' Favorite Finalist YA
2014 Literary Classics Silver Medal for PreTeen/Tween



Snippet:

The Queen Speaks

No way! “Hey, Tut. This sphinx still has its nose. This isn’t The Sphinx.”

“What are you saying, Roosa? Come and help me clear the sand away from the stele.” “I said, this isn’t The Sphinx. It still has its nose.”

“Of course, it has a nose. That’s the way it was made.”

“No. You don’t understand,” I protest. “The Sphinx in my time has no nose. It’s been broken off for centuries.”

Tut casts me a perplexed look. A tingling sensation goes through me like when you touch your tongue to the two terminals of a battery. “Come, Roosa. We need to unbury the stele.”

I follow blindly, still looking at the undamaged face of the Sphinx. It’s definitely more striking to see it in one piece.

“People have always wondered what happened to it,” I say more to myself than to Tut. “Guess I won’t find out now.”

It is only as I help Tut scoop the sand away from the top edge of the stele that I realize the sand has drifted and blown all around the Sphinx, burying it up to its neck in places. No wonder it appears smaller.

The desert always reclaims its own, even mighty Pharaohs.”

I jerk my head up searching for the voice. I glance at Tut, but he continues to dig.

My hands wrap themselves around my stomach. The nausea’s coming back. It is her. It is Ankhesenamun.

“It is all right, Rosa. Here in my homeland I find communication easier for short moments.”

Tut stops digging, his eyes glued on me. “Please, Rosa. Show him I still love and support him.”

Confused, I start to question her, but like an avalanche, the answer bursts into my mind.


The picture at home in my room. The two of them. Her longing sits heavy in the pit of my stomach. Unable to do anything else, I nod ever so slightly. Then, with Tut’s expression still questioning, I reach out and touch him as she does in the picture. Energy flows down my arm into my fingertips. Tut grips my hand and presses it to his heart.




To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event Page 





No comments:

Post a Comment